Authors » Best Research Image
Prize for Best Acoustofluidics Research Image
A scientific image that has been produced as a result of conducting research in an area related to the field of Acoustofluidics can be submitted for this prize. The image can be an illustration, photograph or micrograph of a system or device of interest to the Acoustofluidics community. All registered attendees are eligible to submit for this prize.
Assessment and Judging
There will be a panel of judges who will assess the merits of the images submitted. The images will be assessed according to the following:
- Scientific relevance: does the image convey accurately the scientific aspects and contexts of the research in Acoustofluidics?
- Artistic merit: does the image show an unusual and creative or imaginative use of the imaging technique to convey Acoustofluidic aspects being taken that might not otherwise have been captured?
- Visual impact of the image: would the image enable others in the Acousofluidics fields, and also those beyond the Acoustofluidics community and scientists, to be able to understand/appreciate the research and the underlying science behind.
This prize is being sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry and the journal of Lab-on-a-Chip. The image of the winner will be published in the next available issue of Lab-on-a-Chip, as well as Acoustofluidic conference websites, and other appropriate websites.
All submissions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image will be featured on the cover of an upcoming issue of the journal "Lab on a Chip"
- Must show an illustration, photograph or micrograph of a system or device of interest to the Acoustofluidics community.
- Must contain a caption describing the scientific merit of the featured item.
- Must be submitted and (co)authored by a registered Acoustofluidics conference Attendee.
- Must be submitted in a high-resolution digital format (JPEG or PNG).
- Applicant must be an author/co-author of the image.
- Applicant must be a registered attendee of the Acoustofluidics conference and will their Registration Number in order to submit an image.
- Any delegate attending Acoustofluidics conference may submit an image for the competition.
- Images that have been submitted by a delegate who has not registered for the conference prior to the registration deadline will not be considered for the award.
- An author of the image must be present at the conference to receive the award.
- An author may only submit one (1) image for consideration in the competition.
- All images submitted must be submitted as a JPEG (.jpg) or PNG (.png)
- All images must be of a maximum size of 10MB.
- All images must be accompanied by a caption. The caption should contain no more than 100 words.
- The image must show an illustration, photograph, micrograph or conceptual rendering of a system or device of interest to the Acoustofluidics community.
- Applicants may revise their artwork as many times as needed up until the deadline.
- Submissions should be original captures or compositions. Normally they, or their employer, should be copyright holder of the image(s) used. If this is not the case, we are unlikely to be able to use the image.
- All images must be submitted by Wednesday the 19th October 2022 at the latest.