This year the conference is inviting all delegates to bring a tabletop acoustofluidic system to demonstrate.
Deadline to book a table Monday, 15 August 2022.
Demonstrations will be set up and delivered like the posters, in a flea market style. You will also get the opportunity to win a medal in the Acoustofluidic Olympic Games. In the Olympics, we expect to measure and record acoustofluidic feats such as: Fastest moving and highest jumping particle or droplet or lifting the heaviest particle or droplet, the tightest grip, greatest precision placement, highest flow rate etc. You can create a category appropriate for your system. There will also be a prize for the best demonstration, as voted by attendees.
You could bring:
- The system you are currently working on.
- A system which could make a good teaching aid.
- A peculiar acoustic phenomenon.
- An overlooked acoustofluidic phenomena seen in everyday life e.g. vortex rings, Chladni figures, the sound of cavitation from splashing water, standing waves formed when you hold your finger under a slow running tap etc.
If you are able to bring a demonstration please complete the table reservation form (pdf)
The reservation form should be sent to email@example.com
with a Deadline Monday, 15 August 2022.
Please feel free to send any questions regarding the event to Jeremy Hawkes JeremyJhawkes@gmail.com
or Julien ReboudJulien.Reboud@glasgow.ac.uk
- You will need to complete a risk assessment and your equipment will be PAT tested on arrival (if not already valid).
- Commercial systems are welcome in paid for booth spaces, this is available separately (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). However companies are welcome to give demonstrations and enter the Olympics. We encourage companies to demonstrate curious novelties rather than their core product during this event.
- We will provide a power socket and access to water.
- It is free to enter a demo (and there is potential to book local student demonstrators for help if required).